Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Gallahair Family is Growing!

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to Him" 1 Samuel 1:27 (ESV)

It's no secret that my mother wants "to be a Mimi."  She really wants grandchildren- just ask her.  Over the weekend at her house she gave me a late birthday present- a pretty beverage dispenser with a spigot on the bottom, to use at showers.  As a "subtle" hint, she filled the inside with baby items- washcloths, a pacifier, a bib, baby spoons, etc.  What Mimi (and I) didn't know at the time was that those items would be necessary sooner than anticipated.

I took a test one morning on a whim (I was only a day late), and lo and behold, two pink lines.  I was too shocked even to tell Keith right away.  After gathering my thoughts, I presented Keith with a copy of "Oh Baby, the Places You'll Go- A Book to Be Read in Utero" by Tish Rabe (why yes, I DID have a copy in my closet).  Inside the front cover, I wrote "Dear Daddy, Will you read me a story? Love, Baby Gallahair."  Keith's face was priceless!  I'd also purchased the Willow Tree Angel "New Dad" for him as well.

After celebrating with Keith, I scheduled my first OB appointment.  The timing works out perfectly- I'll have an appointment and ultrasound prior to graduation, where we'll share our secret with our family.  I'm predicting Mimi's reaction will be fantastic.

Even though I'm incredibly early in this pregnancy, I'm already having some annoying nausea.  I'm just assuming this means that Baby is growing big and strong, and that my hormone levels are surging appropriate for gestational age.

Right now Baby likes- ice water, saltines, plain tortilla chips

Right now Baby dislikes- stringy melted cheese




No comments:

Post a Comment