Saturday, April 14, 2012

Scary Thursday

This week I experienced my first "new mom freak out."  If I'm anything like my mother, it'll be the first of many, I'm sure.

It should be noted, I have a tendency to over share. Therefore, proceed with caution.

All throughout this pregnancy, I've had some intense abdominal cramps.  I wasn't concerned about them as they were never accompanied with bleeding, until Thursday.  When I noticed I had some light spotting, I immediately called my OB's office, just to make them aware.  The RN called back promptly assuring me that the type of bleeding I was having was perfectly normal, and to not worry.  When she found out about my cramps, she wanted to consult my OB.  A few hours later she called back saying my OB wanted to see me first thing Monday morning for an ultrasound, just to make sure everything was okay.

I've been trying hard to not worry.  I figure stress of any kind is not good for Baby.  While I was praying for Baby during my lunch break, I was reminded of Psalm 139-

"You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed" Psalm 139: 15-16.

How precious to know that my Heavenly Father is watching Baby grow, even while he or she is too small for even ultrasound equipment to see.  I was given peace, knowing that God is watching over my child, and that His plan is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to following your blog. Leesa and I are very excited for you and Keith. Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete