Sunday, May 20, 2012

Second Trimester!

How very exciting- we're already to the second trimester!  Keith and I are very excited about welcoming a new family member this fall!

Baby is the size of a? Lemon!

Baby bump? It's getting bigger; I wore my Tummy Sleeve all day today.  My pants will all still button, but I have a muffin top.

Baby likes? Lots of watermelon.

Mommy dislikes? Round ligament pain.  I miss coughing and sneezing without having sharp pains in my abdomen.

Craziest pregnancy advice? Since today is a solar eclipse, apparently pregnant women are supposed to wear red and a safety pin to avoid their babies being born with cleft palates.  Who knew?

I've been reflecting on how blessed I've been during this pregnancy.  I've had virtually no sickness and an incredible support system of family, friends and coworkers.  Yet through these blessings, I've thought about another birth mother (or mothers) who I'll never meet- the birth mothers of my to-be-adopted children.  I feel like I have new perspective on how to pray for this woman (or women) who will be blessing my life tremendously one day through the painful sacrifice of giving up a child.  I can pray for these women to have courage during their pregnancies, even in the face of governmental instability and lack of resources in their home countries.  I can pray for these women to have access to food, even in the face of poverty and famine.  Most importantly, I can pray for these women to know Jesus, and for His strength for these ladies as they give their child to a complete stranger.  I cannot fathom the depth of that heartache.

Praying for continued health as Baby grows,
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Second trimester is such an exciting one! You'll find out your Baby's gender in this trimester, and you'll begin to feel those hearty kicks that your Baby is already practicing!

    Fun times ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete