Monday, June 4, 2012

15 Weeks!

Baby is the size of an? Avocado!  (Speaking of... where can I find some guacamole?)

Baby bump?  Getting bigger by the day, but not overtly noticeable.  Still in regular clothes with a few exceptions. I'm still getting "you're not even showing!" on an almost daily basis.

Baby likes? Still loving the sour stuff.  Also exciting is that coffee no longer makes me gag, so I've enjoyed two (small) cups this week.  For the "pregnancy police" out there, yes, I can have caffeine while pregnant.  No, my baby will not have weird birth defects due to my supposed lack of judgement.  (I was actually asked these things this week, and by a fellow pharmacist, no less). I also eat (gasp!) lunch meat and (oh dear!) hot dogs.  I'm a pregnancy rebel.  (That and the dangers of said foods are completely unfounded and way overblown...stop freaking out pregnant women internet!)  Also, my OB says they're safe.

Mommy dislikes?  Baby almost making me faint at work today.  Fortunately I got to a chair and got my head between my legs before I hit the floor.  I've had this happen before and think it can be related to either low blood sugar or low blood pressure.  I'll ask my OB next week.

Proud mommy moment this week?  I had an out of town conference in Florida this week.  I was on four separate flights, and did fine on all of them.  I'd heard pregnancy horror stories about flying, so I was a little concerned.

Movement?  Still feeling sporadic light flutters and thumps (almost like bubbles popping).  It's mainly when I get really still at the end of the day and is the coolest feeling in the world.  That's my kid in there, y'all!

Looking forward to another appointment soon to hear Baby's heartbeat and see how we're doing!

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of "don't do/eat this while you're pregnant" things that I've heard recently are unfounded. Sticking w/what your OB says sounds like a good idea. I'm sure s/he kinda knows what s/he's doing. :D Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete